Skip to main content

What a Day it has been !!

 As I sit here on my bed, soaking up the free Wi-Fi at hostel, eating all that I can possibly find in my room and listening to the DJ being played outside(diwali night), I’m reflecting on how happy I am. BUSY, but happy! The day started as usual  with a class at 8 am in the morning( I don't sulk anymore) because 8am classes are now a part of my daily routine. There isn't a day this semester that doesn't starts at 8. The next class was cancelled so I thought to make the most out of it, instead of ideally sitting in the sun or roaming in the college corridors I decided to come back to hostel so that I could give the diyas to my hostel manager, for we had a function tonight, which we thought of providing under ENACTUS( non profit org. and a community of students, leaders & thereby using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a more sustainable world), that would be officially starting from tomorrow. The idea behind this simple gesture was to eliminate the middle men and directly sell the products of a community of potters that we had found near Patiala.
The rest of the classes went just as usual –
 making notes which/when(ever) necessary and of course planning for the events for the publicity of ENACTUS for evening.The day ended at 5 and by then most of the things and events had happened as we had hoped them to go. 
We had set up most of our things at cafeteria which is filled with beaming people when the classes gets over. It was so much fun to see the anticipation, pride, happiness, zeal, team-work( with a bit of nagging), laughter amongst us. We got free by 7pm and after discussing about tomorrow's schedule we proceeded to our respective hostels. And it doesn't ends here. A rangoli competition is currently in progress and soon my friends would be here to dance, eat and enjoy...
I'v been on my toes all day literally :D




Comments

You might want to read these~

2026 so far

I have subscribed to some newsletters, and I have realized that publishing things weekly (which seems like a momentous task) might actually just boil down to having a routine and being disciplined. A simple format, like 10 things worth knowing, or a list of must-read short books/ movies, etc., is sometimes more than enough; enough for you to continue your weekly streak or momentum and enough for a reader to help you stay relevant. Here’s an attempt, in order to save myself from the personal disgrace of not publishing even once in 2026 on my blog. After all, it would be a pity if, after one year, I look back and realize it was that time when I actually could have posted once, just for the sake of continuity, but chose not to.  So far, this year has been nothing short of busy. Busy in terms of work and traveling. At the place where I work, I see colleagues and friends planning weeks in advance for vacations, and here I am, planning my holidays around the holidays of my partner an...

For the love of Libraries

 I have been fascinated with libraries for the longest time that I can remember. As school going kids, we had to buy at least one of the four books recommended apart from course material. And at the end of term, we had a reading quiz competition where the teacher basically prepared a short quiz of 40 questions from those 4 books, that you were able to answer only if you had read the books thoroughly. So, that ensured that you not only read your book but exchanged the books you’re your classmates. And one of the books was always in Hindi. I dreaded to read because that did not come naturally to me as our mode of education was almost entirely in English. What started as reading just 4 books annually in class 3 or 4 soon turned to lending books from school library that were issued for a period of 2 weeks to eventually making my own library card for the Central library in my city. My mom is a huge reader and would always encourage (and still does) me to go to the library and let me pic...

Empathy is the soul of Humanity

I am a student from India who has been oscillating betwixt Germany and France for over two years now, as part of my higher education. I am proud of my roots, the culture which I have inherited, the many customs and traditions that I’ve been exposed to as part of my growing years and the better sense of judgement that has come along with it, unknowingly.  Until one day, when I consciously made a decision to throw myself into a civilization that is far different from ours, both in terms of customs and social interaction. The first few months had been taxing; I noticed I was very observant and somehow critical of almost everything around me. I found people rude when I constantly heard them abhorring me for not speaking their ‘national’ language, the announcements on trains made no sense to me, grocery shopping felt like a dreadful task and so on. But one fine day, when my classes resumed I realized that almost all of us, including the students from the aforementioned countries wer...