Skip to main content

And Elated :)

“Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story” Happiness! It is all really there. All we need to do is look for it, feel it, appreciate it and be thankful for. Over the past few days things have taken me by surprise, by the randomness in which they have been occurring. A trip to Jim Corbett happened, whereas I was at one point so convinced that it would not be happening from my side. And I'm glad that I finally went not because that was to be my first college trip but just for the shear fact that I saw a place so beautiful and captivating, open to tourists yet the ambiance, wilderness still there. I could feel the rush of scenery, everything from the mountains, trees, river, stones, wind, clouds, shades of green and blue, journey, friends, adventure sports, laughter, games, food... Then and there, happy I was.

And then there are days which you are grateful for that they happened. They bring about a change in your perspective, lift your mood and fill you up with a sense that not all is going to go wrong. And it really doesn't matter if things don't happen the way they are supposed to be (according to you) because they are probably not destined to happen that way. I was taken in by a surprise today when we had a 'mixed bag' lecture instead of our scheduled conventional lecture. I was happy in a sense that one of our teachers actually talked things we all really go through with. We all crib, hold grudges against the system and here he was agreeing, appreciating, listening to our views and then through various activities summing up that its not always about the end point. We all would eventually get there but what is the fun if we didn't enjoy in the journey to get there! And how good it feels when you get to talk sense with people whose frequency kind of matches yours :D

Comments

You might want to read these~

2026 so far

I have subscribed to some newsletters, and I have realized that publishing things weekly (which seems like a momentous task) might actually just boil down to having a routine and being disciplined. A simple format, like 10 things worth knowing, or a list of must-read short books/ movies, etc., is sometimes more than enough; enough for you to continue your weekly streak or momentum and enough for a reader to help you stay relevant. Here’s an attempt, in order to save myself from the personal disgrace of not publishing even once in 2026 on my blog. After all, it would be a pity if, after one year, I look back and realize it was that time when I actually could have posted once, just for the sake of continuity, but chose not to.  So far, this year has been nothing short of busy. Busy in terms of work and traveling. At the place where I work, I see colleagues and friends planning weeks in advance for vacations, and here I am, planning my holidays around the holidays of my partner an...

Rewind

I had promised my friend(s) that I would soon put up a blog post. Here’s for you people  😉 Thanks for being ever patient, for the humiliation, for being stubborn, and for the constant nagging. You never know what works for me. I never know what would work but please continue with the same zeal as you have been. At least this way, I do end up writing one way or the other. And it does more good to me than to you. I cannot, however, promise how soon I will put up a detailed post for you about my stay in India this time but with your constant motivation and rebukes, I am sure it will see the light of day soon. First things first, it was lovely meeting you all after all these years. And it feels good to come back to the city and still find you guys there. And a little cherry on top, those of you who were not in the city had to be in the city because of work from home conditions. And a few of you just happened to be there on a given day or made sure you were there. Either way, know ...

For the love of Libraries

 I have been fascinated with libraries for the longest time that I can remember. As school going kids, we had to buy at least one of the four books recommended apart from course material. And at the end of term, we had a reading quiz competition where the teacher basically prepared a short quiz of 40 questions from those 4 books, that you were able to answer only if you had read the books thoroughly. So, that ensured that you not only read your book but exchanged the books you’re your classmates. And one of the books was always in Hindi. I dreaded to read because that did not come naturally to me as our mode of education was almost entirely in English. What started as reading just 4 books annually in class 3 or 4 soon turned to lending books from school library that were issued for a period of 2 weeks to eventually making my own library card for the Central library in my city. My mom is a huge reader and would always encourage (and still does) me to go to the library and let me pic...