Skip to main content

The Magic Called Friendship :)


Before the few of you give up on me, I think it’s the best time(day) to start afresh continue what has been lingering for so long now. Thank you for constantly reminding me how I need to get back, get writing and do what I love to do.  “If you do not find the time to write, or you do not have the will to post, do something which you love- for yourself at least.” said a certain someone who was/is always there to listen to my endless tales. It was decided; a self thought, executed and implemented decision to doodle every week on the most awaited occasion of TGIF :P
The point being, I might come off as a stubborn individual but I would go lengths for Friends.
And so much has been written about this wonderful bond that each time you sit to write, you feel short of words because you do not want to disgrace this bond by choosing just mediocre words and uninspiring emotions; every word is relatable to every single person. Does it take much for friendship to flourish? Nah. It can start in a single second and can last for decades. But sometimes it takes just a second to end. Have you noticed how it is so relatable by everyone? I guess it is because everyone has had those set of friends who have been there forever, everyone has that one friend or friends that they love more than anybody else, everyone has that friend or friends that they lost to misunderstandings or even fate itself, everyone has a stock full of crazy, stupid pictures and memories of them laughing, everyone has scars left by some friends, everyone has tears for some friends that were supposed to be right here right now with them to witness the beautiful moments in your life.
Friendships are stored in that slam book where you’ve unabashedly written that you want to become an actress and a scientist < all at once>. Friendship is still remembering the landline number of a friend you would call every afternoon to confirm if this is what was supposed to be done. Friendship is the memories of you pushing each other in assemblies, loose school ties, pieces of the chalk, throwing of paper balls, pardoning you for being the dress defaulter, collecting your notebooks in the end, scribbling messages at the end of your notebook, deciding the smaller of Hindi paragraphs to be read aloud.
Some friendships are stored in old videos and photographs, handmade cards, leaving the lecture hall as soon as your attendance got marked. Friendship is the mundane words you use(d) as code-words to address people you hated, the offer on one on one you awaited, the silly examples and crazy ways you mugged up a formula, the group studies where all the adventures a night before took place. Friendship is when one steps in and changes your perspective and calms you down, who gets you ready and tells you how to flaunt that gown. Friendship is that trip you had where the two of you talked endlessly at night, when you are still there by each other’s side, that book you recommend, that shopping spree you indulge in, that stalking you do together, that stupid song you put in the group, the long voice notes, the wake me up msg if you’re still up, I’ll talk to you till I reach home person because the street looks deserted.
Friendship is the start of a small talk that now keeps you awake all night, the ordering of food online, the tagging in memes, the consolation when you flunk, the courage when you’re low, the early lunch, that evening snack, the celebration when either one of you achieves, the songs you hear same time, the discussion of that person in your team or bay, the silly routine each one of you follow every day, the believe-you-me-I-have-been-there-too-comment, the discussion of titular president elect, the swiping of cards when you plan to bunk, the virtual greetings you make, the stories about your cats you narrate, the trips you took, the pictures you share and the next trip you plan to undertake. Friendship is the meal you cook at midnight, the pool trip you book, the long walks you take, the swing rides, the endless talks after saying goodnight, the i-give-you-approval look when you dress to go outside.
Some friendships are the lump in your throat when you hear their name in other people’s conversation and you can’t take a step to be a part of that. Not anymore. Nonetheless friendship is wishing you and your friends could live all together, forever in a peaceful and happy place.
Friendship is indescribable. It is infinite. Friends are the people who will keep a secret big enough. They’re the ones who will support you even when your family disagrees with you. They’re the ones that stop you from making bad decisions. They’re the ones you can call at midnight and then deviate from the discussion of what had kept you awake.   * laughs*
Just hang in there, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired and don’t take them for granted. Let them know you love them, time and again!

For you all, who have been there and kept me crazy, happy and sane <3

Comments

You might want to read these~

2026 so far

I have subscribed to some newsletters, and I have realized that publishing things weekly (which seems like a momentous task) might actually just boil down to having a routine and being disciplined. A simple format, like 10 things worth knowing, or a list of must-read short books/ movies, etc., is sometimes more than enough; enough for you to continue your weekly streak or momentum and enough for a reader to help you stay relevant. Here’s an attempt, in order to save myself from the personal disgrace of not publishing even once in 2026 on my blog. After all, it would be a pity if, after one year, I look back and realize it was that time when I actually could have posted once, just for the sake of continuity, but chose not to.  So far, this year has been nothing short of busy. Busy in terms of work and traveling. At the place where I work, I see colleagues and friends planning weeks in advance for vacations, and here I am, planning my holidays around the holidays of my partner an...

Empathy is the soul of Humanity

I am a student from India who has been oscillating betwixt Germany and France for over two years now, as part of my higher education. I am proud of my roots, the culture which I have inherited, the many customs and traditions that I’ve been exposed to as part of my growing years and the better sense of judgement that has come along with it, unknowingly.  Until one day, when I consciously made a decision to throw myself into a civilization that is far different from ours, both in terms of customs and social interaction. The first few months had been taxing; I noticed I was very observant and somehow critical of almost everything around me. I found people rude when I constantly heard them abhorring me for not speaking their ‘national’ language, the announcements on trains made no sense to me, grocery shopping felt like a dreadful task and so on. But one fine day, when my classes resumed I realized that almost all of us, including the students from the aforementioned countries wer...

For the love of Libraries

 I have been fascinated with libraries for the longest time that I can remember. As school going kids, we had to buy at least one of the four books recommended apart from course material. And at the end of term, we had a reading quiz competition where the teacher basically prepared a short quiz of 40 questions from those 4 books, that you were able to answer only if you had read the books thoroughly. So, that ensured that you not only read your book but exchanged the books you’re your classmates. And one of the books was always in Hindi. I dreaded to read because that did not come naturally to me as our mode of education was almost entirely in English. What started as reading just 4 books annually in class 3 or 4 soon turned to lending books from school library that were issued for a period of 2 weeks to eventually making my own library card for the Central library in my city. My mom is a huge reader and would always encourage (and still does) me to go to the library and let me pic...