Skip to main content

The Beginning

It had been on my mind for quite sometime now, to start blogging but I guess out of hesitance and reluctance (amongst many reasons unknown) this thing had been left unattended to. Sitting comfortably in my room and grudging about the weather my thoughts ponder to 'life'.
Life, changes its course many times throughout the year. It would be at its best, offering joy and happiness; success and achievements; friends and laughter. We are so enthralled by it that we continue to take things for going in our favor every time. But occasionally life may not be the same as you had hoped for and most of the times you even don't have control over these things and then at times like these we feel dejected and give up on things easily. A slight glitch makes us to think that we are unfortunate!
Life can be blissful if we understand that its neither completely abstract nor fully absolute. It's rather a unique composition imbued with soft and shrill tones. It would be so much better if we gracefully accept disjointed facets as smoothly as we accept the fine one's to recreate puzzle called life.
PS- I learnt today writing 1 time is far greater than reading 100 times :D

Comments

You might want to read these~

2026 so far

I have subscribed to some newsletters, and I have realized that publishing things weekly (which seems like a momentous task) might actually just boil down to having a routine and being disciplined. A simple format, like 10 things worth knowing, or a list of must-read short books/ movies, etc., is sometimes more than enough; enough for you to continue your weekly streak or momentum and enough for a reader to help you stay relevant. Here’s an attempt, in order to save myself from the personal disgrace of not publishing even once in 2026 on my blog. After all, it would be a pity if, after one year, I look back and realize it was that time when I actually could have posted once, just for the sake of continuity, but chose not to.  So far, this year has been nothing short of busy. Busy in terms of work and traveling. At the place where I work, I see colleagues and friends planning weeks in advance for vacations, and here I am, planning my holidays around the holidays of my partner an...

For the love of Libraries

 I have been fascinated with libraries for the longest time that I can remember. As school going kids, we had to buy at least one of the four books recommended apart from course material. And at the end of term, we had a reading quiz competition where the teacher basically prepared a short quiz of 40 questions from those 4 books, that you were able to answer only if you had read the books thoroughly. So, that ensured that you not only read your book but exchanged the books you’re your classmates. And one of the books was always in Hindi. I dreaded to read because that did not come naturally to me as our mode of education was almost entirely in English. What started as reading just 4 books annually in class 3 or 4 soon turned to lending books from school library that were issued for a period of 2 weeks to eventually making my own library card for the Central library in my city. My mom is a huge reader and would always encourage (and still does) me to go to the library and let me pic...

Road-trip to Andalusia! (Part-1)

My brother and I decided to undertake a road trip, our first in the EU this summer. The entire idea for this trip was based around the question-  what can be seen in 2 weeks time WITHOUT having to use too much from personal vacation days.  In Germany, there are usually several public holidays during May and June, and by taking just a week off + some accumulated over hours, one can actually plan a trip of 12-14 days! After extensively checking the map for the possible road routes, flight fares, ease of accommodation, and avoiding overly touristy places, we zeroed in on Spain. Upon further research, we decided to cover the Andalusia region, which is the southernmost autonomous community in Peninsular Spain. I had heard about it from colleagues who had visited the region, and a little background check from our end, with constraints mentioned as above, gave us the impression that it was indeed the place to go. We decided to do a quadrilateral trip and combined major cities lik...